Monday, September 30, 2013

DIY Halloween Potions Display

This is the time of the year for all things spooky!  I decided to challenge myself to create a Halloween display in a corner nook on my kitchen counter using only items that I already own.  I came up with this little potions display and it was relatively easy and fun to do!

I have all of my bottles displayed on a gold plastic serving tray that I bought for a party a couple of years back.  The black cat "vase" is actually an empty bottle of Moselland Black Cat Riesling. 
Beside the cat is a crystal decanter that I bought at a yard sale.  Resting in the corner behind the display is an open copy of the book  Vampire: The Complete Guide to the World of the Undead by Manuela Dunn Mascetti.  It has great photos and tons of information- would make a nice gift.



Of course there are tons of places to find free potion labels online, or you can be creative and design your own!  I just printed the labels, cut them out, and secured them to the containers using scotch tape.  You could mod podge them if you want something more permanent.   Here are the links to the free printables that I used for this display:



The great thing about a project like this is picking up odds and ends from around the house and kind of throwing it together.  I had the cheese cloth in a drawer from a failed attempt at homemade ricotta, and the little green spider web candle was under my sink.  Have fun making this project your own, and don't forget the glitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment